So today (Day 9! Jesus) is all about one thing that I can’t live without. I know a lot of people right here stop and say “My kids, my husband, my phone” yadda, yadda and fair enough I agree. I couldn’t live without Wes and Short Rib and would be a bit unstuck without a phone. As the cold nights are drawing in and it starts to get more wintery though, there’s another item I’d be pretty lost without. That, is my slow cooker.
As you’re all no doubt painfully aware, we are back on the Slimming World wagon and for this, a slow cooker is properly invaluable. Wes and I work full time, so needless to say the last thing we fancy doing after a ten hour stint being adults, is to cook. We’ll never be rich enough for a personal chef, so this is as good as we’re going to get. Dump your stuff in there before you leave and a meal magically appears at the end. Voila. Job done. Put the takeaway menu down.
So strong is my admiration for my slow cooker, I’m going to start a series of healthy (or at least Slimming World acceptable) meals that can be made in your slow cooker. I’m starting off easy here though, with a classic slow cooker Spaghetti Bolognese. Easy, delicious and you probably have everything in your kitchen already.
Oh and totally syn free, which is, you know. Awesome.
- 40g of porridge oats
- 1 small courgette, finely grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5g of cocoa
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoons of Jordan’s skinny salted caramel syrup
- Chuck all ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone loaf tray or cake tray.
- Microwave on fully power for 6-8 minutes
- Leave it to cool for 5 or 6 minutes and there you go.
- Because we have used more than one tablespoon of sweetener in this recipe, we have synned it at half a syn per tablespoon as per Slimming World guidelines, so as to protect your weight loss.