When on a diet, everybody has a vice. Something that makes you fall off the wagon more than you care to admit to. For a lot of people, it’s wine or alcohol but for us, it’s takeaways. Chinese takeaways in particular. I don’t know what it is about Chinese food that I find irresistible, but sadly in order to lose weight, I have to avoid fast food. Which is why I’ve concocted this decadent Slimming World Sesame Beef recipe.
Luckily, Slimming World doesn’t mean I have to avoid Chinese food altogether. It just means I have to cook it. So as I learn to make more and more awesome stuff, you’re going to get recipes for all sorts of awesome Asian inspired dishes. This one is easy, very tasty and way lower in syns than its takeaway counterpart at roughly 5 syns per serving.
Oh and the best part about this? You can whack it in your slow cooker and have it ready within 30 minutes of walking through the door after work. If you like the look of our Slimming World Sesame Beef, be sure to check out our previous Slimming World Maple Chicken Recipe if you’re fancying something a little less formal! They’re perfect for taster evenings and are so easy to make it’s ridiculous.
Slimming World Sesame Beef
- 500 g thin cut beef steak cut into thin slices
- ½ an onion chopped
- 6 spring onions thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sukrin gold brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chopped red chilli
- 125 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 75ml water
- Fry off the onions until translucent. Add beef steak to brown off the edges.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce except the cornflour & water mix. Add this mix and your meat / onion mix to the slow cooker on a low heat for around 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add the cornflour and water mix to your slow cooker and mix thoroughly. Leave on the heat for a further 30 minutes or so, until the sauce is your favoured consistency.